Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Lists

Okay so I lied. One more blog post before I head to Morocco and then onto Canada. If you rememeber, way at the start of my blog in my "Aurevoir" post I wrote a list of things I was looking forward to experiencing in France and things I thought I would miss from Canada. Turns out that the things I thought I would miss were not all as big of a deal as I thought so I figured the list needed a little revamping before I went home based on the actual results of my trip. I also decided to write my new list of things that I am most definitely going to miss from France now that I've lived here for 4 months. Here goes.

Things I Actually Missed from Canada

1) My friends
2) My family
3) Hugs
4) My car (especially for groceries)
5) My own bed (my mattress here is absolute crap)
6) My full closet selection (although I quickly broadened my selection here and am now dealing with the concequences while trying to pack)
7) Simple health coverage/my massage therapist
8) People who removed the snow from the streets right after a dump
9) Church and worship with others
10) Having a couch
11) Effective heating
12) Carpet in my room
13) A showerhead you don't need to hold onto
14) Alberta beef/steak
15) Thanksgiving and Halloween
16) Having a washing machine in my house
17) Being able to eat at a restaurant anytime of day, not just from 1-3pm and 7-midnight
18) The gym and working out
19) Starbucks/regular sized coffees
20) Having a backyard

Things I Will Miss from France

1) My friends
2) 2 Euro wine
3) Pain au Chocolat
4) Living in the mountains
5) Walking to school
6) Cheap shoes
7) Gelato
8) Travelling to other countries on the weekends
9) Living by a crystal blue (most of the time) river
10) Speaking French
11) Palmiers (a pastry of course)
12) Fresh bread
13) Christmas market
14) Skiing in the Alps 30 minutes away
15) 12 above weather in December
16) My small class that became my large family
17) Widespread rugby
18) Swiss chocolate being so close

No comments:

Post a Comment